The search for the best shower filter has never been easy. There are a lot of features that you need to look for in a shower filter and you can have a wide variety of brands and products on the market to choose from.
The biggest problem you might have when you are choosing a shower filter is that you don’t know if the manufacturer really produces a good shower filter than can really does its job or not no matter how expensive you have to pay for them.
Luckily, you can try some quick and cheap test with the shower filter to find out about its effectiveness and capability. Read on to learn more about the importance of a shower filter and some quick tips you should know when you choose a shower filter.
It is very important to install a shower filter at home for some various reasons
- First of all, the tap water at your house tends to contain a high amount of chlorine. Chlorine is a very harmful compound and if you come in contact with a substantial high amount of this chemical, it would lead to many complicated and chronic diseases such as bladder cancer.
- Chlorine is also very harmful for pregnant women as it might lead to miscarriage and birth defects as well.
- Nevertheless, disinfectant is very helpful to use in public places such as public swimming pool and the benefits of this compound can overweight the potential risks that it might bring to people. However, in case you use tap water at home, it is a wise idea to get rid of chlorine totally to reduce the risks that it might bright to our health.
That is the reason why you would need a shower filter, which can help to remove the chlorine as well as other pollutants and harmful compounds from out water.
Now that you know about the importance of having a shower filter at home, you should know some tips on picking up the best one for your family.
The first thing that you should remember is that shower filters on the market come with different styles, colors and specification. The range of this product’s price is very huge as well. You can afford to have a 20 dollar filter or even 300 dollar for a luxurious one. However, the price of a shower filter does not truly reflect the quality and performance of this product.
Here are some several factors that might contribute to the performance of a shower filter:
The type of disinfectant used in your water:
there are 2 ways your water company often do to clean the water you are using. They are chlorine free and chloramine neutralization.
While most of the shower filter can work well with chlorine free option, if your water has been processed with chloramine neutralization, you need to make sure the water filter you are going to use would support this.
- The flow rate and pressure of your water: When you use your shower with a shower filter working at the same time, you would notice that the flow rate and pressure of your water is not as much as you would expect.
This is not the sign of a faulty shower head. In fact, most shower filters will tend to reduce these factors.
If you prefer to have a normal flow rate and pressure of water, you should consider purchasing a set of shower filter and shower head that are sold together. They are designed to help offset the problem quite well.
- The Sediment level in your water: one of the main factors that might affect the normal working rate of your shower filter is the level of sediment. The higher the level of sediment you can find in your water, the slower it is for a shower filter to clean the water.
- Test you water with a total residual chlorine test strip: Finally, you can measure the outcome of the shower filter with a total residual chlorine test strip. You can buy the test very easily on the market and it cost about 20 dollars for each test.
To begin the test, remember to read and follow the instructions very carefully. When you lay the test on a dry surface, you should wait for 2 to 3 minutes before reading the test results.
If the test strip turns into dark color, it means that the chlorine level is still high. The darker the color is, the higher the amount of chlorine left inside the water. If it is your case, you should consider moving to other brands.
As you can see, it is very important to clean your water once again with a shower filter to get rid of chlorine and other harmful compounds on the water. This in turn will help you to have a better health and prevent the risk of getting chronic diseases such as bladder cancer and birth defects.
When you look for a model of shower filter on the market, you need to look for the type of disinfectant your water company uses, the flow rate and pressure of your water as well as the level of sediment in your water.
I hope with some general and basic information here, you would be able to pick up the best shower filter for your house and then help you and your family members to have a good health and wellbeing.
Feel free to visit our website and be exposed to rates that will blow you off your seat and get you purchasing showers of all designs for all of your bathrooms. Visit us on Theperfectbaths.com